Fall Lacrosse 08/20/2015 FALL BOYS' REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
The fall ball program...
Clinics/Camps Tab 02/11/2012
To consolidate the increasing number of opportunities for youth...
FALL BOYS' REGISTRATION NOW OPEN:
The fall ball program presents a great opportunity for returning players to improve upon their skills while also allowing boys new to lacrosse to come out and experience the game. The program will run from the beginning of September through the end of October. Please note the following regarding the Fall Ball Program, Division Directors (listed below) will provide more information closer to the start of the season. Parents interested in helping with coaching, please let us know:
1. Registration is currently open, will close on August 28th for returning players and on September 8th for first year/new players. Any player who registers after their deadline will be placed on a waitlist and contacted if/when space is available. Registration may be accessed via simslax.org<http://simslax.org>
- Returning players (from Spring 2015) will not have to renew their US Lacrosse membership, first year players will need to register with US Lacrosse (info available on the SYL web site).
2. Equipment/Pinnies: Full equipment is required: Helmet, gloves, shoulder and arm pads, athletic cup, mouth guard and cleats. We will NOT be providing fall ball specific pinnies, boys should wear their spring uniform, pinnies will be provided to first year players.
3. Divisional Information: Seniors: For boys entering 7th and 8th grade. Practice will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Henry James Memorial School. Each weekend there will be an away game in Somers on Saturday mornings. We may also play some weekend games away in towns such as Avon, Farmington or Granby. Cost: $80/player. Director: Jason Gilbert Juniors: For boys entering 5th and 6th grade. Practice will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Henry James Memorial School. Each weekend there will be an away game in Somers on Saturday mornings. We may also play some weekend games away in towns such as Avon, Farmington or Granby. Cost: $80/player. Director: Mike Conroy Bantams: For boys entering 3rd and 4th grade. Practice will be held on Thursday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Meadow Pond Park located off of Hedgehog Lane. We will play several weekend home/away games. Cost: $80/player. Director: TBD Developmental: For boys entering 1st and 2nd grade AND boys in kindergarten who played in the spring. There will be 6 sessions beginning mid-September and ending around the end of October. Practice times will be around 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Sundays at Meadow Pond Park located off of Hedgehog Lane. There will not be any away games, everything will be in Simsbury. The cost for the 6 sessions is $40. Typically, we have far less players registered in the fall as this is not the primary season for lacrosse. That said, we usually have a better coach to player ratio b/c of this. The practices will be set up similar to that in the spring with skill development to begin practice with games to end the practice. Cost: $40/player. Director: Dom Lattanzi
4. Other Sports/Commitments: We recognize and support the fact that boys may have other fall commitments. That said, we completely understand that players will miss fall ball lacrosse on occasion.
Please enjoy the rest of your summer; we look forward to seeing you and your son(s) in September.
To consolidate the increasing number of opportunities for youth players, we have created a horizontal tab that lists these opportunities seperated by Boys/Girls and seasons within those catergories. Please check this tab for clinics and camps that may be of interest or click (Here).