Information is listed below regarding upcoming girls U14 lacrosse season:
IF your daughter would like to try-out for the "select" team this year please visit the website to register http://simslax.org. Try-out dates/times are:
•Saturday, March 25th 9:00am -11:00 a.m.
•Sunday, March 26th 3:00pm-5:00 p.m.
•Both dates are mandatory for select team only
This year, as in years past, there will be 2 equal strength teams and 1 "select" try-out team. Additional details are below:
2 Equal Ability Teams (regular youth teams):
Equal strength teams that will play in the CVGYL league
Practices will most likely be M/W (tentative-based on our volunteer coach availability)
Games will take place on weekdays in addition to weekends
Try-Outs: There will be NO required try-out for these teams
Sign-up: Only on-line registration with Simsbury Youth lacrosse is required.
Select Team (try-out team only):
Try-out team that will not be a part of the CVGYL league
Team will consist of more advanced players in the game of lacrosse and will play higher level teams from around CT
Team requires 100% commitment. Other sport/activity commitments may not interfere with practice or game participation.
Team will practice 3 times per week (tentative M/W/F)
Games will be weekdays and weekends (including Sunday mornings)
Try-Outs: Must attend BOTH days of try-outs.
Unable to make: If a player is unable to attend due to illness, injury or other good cause, notification must be made in advance to division director, Heather Brian, email@example.com
Premier Sports Complex
147 Torrington Road
Winsted, CT 06098 (next to the DMV)
Please plan to arrive 15 mins. prior to start time
Evaluation number/pinneys will be distributed to each player prior to try-out
Players must come equipped with proper lacrosse equipment; stick, mouth guard, eye gear. Players will not be permitted to play without this equipment.
Turf shoes OR sneakers are required. Cleats will not be permitted at indoor facility.
Parents will not be permitted in the "bubble" during try-outs. There is a viewing area in lobby area of facility.
If mother nature cooperates, we are hoping to kick off our season the last week in March. Details to come!
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
1) We will have two equal teams at the U12 Junior level again this year. Both teams will play a full schedule with the opportunity to play in two tournaments as well. Teams will practice 2-3 times per week and we will try to play most games on the weekends, but it is possible that some games may fall during the week.
2) There will be a set of evaluation practices for all Junior Girls on March 25th and 26th at the Premier Sports Complex (Winsted Bubble). These practices will be used to evaluate the players so we can divide the girls evenly among the two Junior teams. Details for the Evaluation Practices are as follows:
Saturday March 25th 11:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday March 26th 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Premier Sports Complex (Winsted Bubble)
147 Torrington Road Winsted, CT 06098
Details for Evaluation Practices:
• Please plan to arrive 30 mins. prior to the start of practice. There will be several teams using the fields and we’ll want to maximize our time.
• Evaluation number/pinneys will be distributed to each player prior to the practices.
• Parents will not be permitted in the "bubble" during practice. There is a viewing area in the lobby area of the facility.
• All players must have a stick, mouthpiece, eye protection (Goggles), sneakers (No cleats are allowed)
3) Lastly, once again this year we will be fielding one Select Team at the end of the year to play in two additional tournaments. There will be an additional cost to play on this team and you will need to be present for both tournaments and all practices (4-5) to be eligible. The cost to play will be determined by the cost of the tournaments, but I expect the cost to be between $35-55 per player (total). The selection process for this team will be a combination of the Evaluation Practices in March, the practices and games during the season and the players overall attitude and commitment to lacrosse. The selection of the team will take place at the end of the regular U12 girls season.
There will be more information to come as the season approaches. The start of the season will be dependent on the weather, but we are aiming to start around the end of March, early April.